Tuesday, February 28, 2006

No passion?

So in Bible study we are using the book Pathway to Purpose for Women and today we were studying passions. Healthy passions and unhealthy passions. I came to the conclusion that I have no passions. Nothing that really makes me want to jump out of bed in the morning and get excited about it. Nothing that I am truly passionate about. We all go through dry spells. But come on! No passion?! Nothing?! I guess right now is one major dry spell. Life is kinda blah. Before I had kids and was married I had so many things that I was passionate about. Now there are things I like to do but nothing that ignites a true passion in me. So what do I do? I suppose the only thing to do is fully submit to God's will. As Psalm 37:4 states "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". I see this in two ways. First I see it that He gives you desires (puts them in your heart). Second He then gives you those desires (fulfills them). So if I want something to be passionate about that the Lord can use I must first delight myself in Him. I must fully surrender to Him. When I fully submit to Him I can delight in Him. So now to surrender to Him. That is so much easier said than done. Stay tuned. This is sure to be an interesting journey.

No comments: