Monday, July 16, 2007

Flowering crab trees

I may be planting 3 flowering crab trees in my yard. I'd post a picture of one but there are so many that I can't decide on which photo to link to. A friend of ours has 3 that are 10-12 years old that we intend on planting soon. I am so excited! My aunt is worried that my neighbors (I have one kiddie corner in the back and another on one side) might not like my trees due to the shedding of the flowers and the fruit. We were told by our friend that these don't bear fruit. I don't know if that is possible but that is what he says. Well I did a quick search just now and apparantly there are some that don't bear fruit. They are called Spring Snow. I shall check this out further. They sure are pretty. Once we get them in I will take a few pics to share. But I just thought I'd share this good news.

No comments: