Sunday, March 12, 2006

Todays Blessing

I really enjoyed this mornings service. It was a true blessing. During worship I was so in HIS presence. Hubby had other obligations this morning so it was just the kids and I. They have their own wonderful service and we have ours. Today I was able to completely emerse myself in the Lord. With hubby there I always feel hindered. I don't know why but I do. Even though I enjoyed myself today I feel the message (Wise Words) was something he should've been there for too. The thing the pastor said that just stuck with me was "Use your words to bring life." . So many times we don't always say things that bring glory to God. I took notes so that if hubby wants to know what the sermon was on he could go over them. I took down only scriptures so that he can get out of it what the Lord wants him to not what I got out of it. I know that the message itself is one I already know but it was a nice reminder that was well needed. Below are the scriptures the pastor used (I'm using NIV). I hope they are a blessing to you as they were for me.


Proverbs 11:12
A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue.

Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:4
The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

Proverbs 18:8
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.

Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 25:11-12
(11)A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.
(12)Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear.

Proverbs 26:17
Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own.

Proverbs 26:28
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.

Proverbs 27:6
Wounds from a friend can be trusted but an enemy multiplies kisses.


Ahhhhh....I love Proverbs!

No comments: