Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yucky!

Ugh! My whole family has been struck with a 24 hour flu bug. My oldest son got it on Wednesday and the rest of us ended up getting it Thursday night. My poor eldest. He was used like a slave. Get this please, can you do that please, I need help. This morning we are all feeling better. Taste buds still a little weird and stomachs not up to eating much, but better. I got to school on Thursday afternoon just to recieve a call from the school saying my daughter is in the office with a tummy ache. So I go in and get her and we wait for the boys. We get home and she didn't even make it to the door. So I go out to the store (I was waiting for a carpet shampooer to clean the hallway leading to our apt.) to pick up some necessary items and walk in the door to my husband sweating terribly sitting in the bathroom. So now the shampooer has arrived and I go clean up the mess and ask my youngest son to help so that the older one can be there for dad and sister. Guess what? Yep! We just made it back into the apt. before he got sick. I managed to keep it at bay until about midnight. Boy was it a rough 24 hours. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been one at a time. But when mommy is down for the count and daddy is too it makes it hard to take care of the two sick kids.


Well I found that I have a passion for battered women and children. This weeks lesson helped me realize that. I also have a passion for kids in general. If I could I would have a whole bunch of kids. Yes give birth and all. But hubby doesn't want any more right now. I saw a lady on t.v. once who now has 16 children. She is braver than I in the fact that she homeschools them. I would have a hard time with doing that. I tend to want to do it for my kids. I tried once. Didn't do so well. Now I just have to find a way to use my passion. My heart just aches for the abused. Especially the kids.


We have added a new fish to the tank. His name is Otto. He is an ottosomethingorother that eats only algae. So far he is doing a fine job. He has managed to clean the algae off the side of the tank and the fake plant real well. They said that when he gets older he will not turn into a carnivore like the chinese algae eater we had. Thank goodness!

No comments: