Monday, April 20, 2009

New day, new challenges.

So I am doing my best at being patient while I wait for the results of the psych exam I submitted last week. She said she would grade and return the test immediately because of what happened last semester. So far nothing. I sent it to her via email on last Monday. I have every confidence I made an A but I would really like the confirmation of that fact.

Okay so I admit I haven't stepped foot into the church since last year. When this was mentioned to a friend recently another "friend" (more like acquaintance) decided it was the perfect time to interject her opinion. Now I grew up in church so I do know the importance of going but I also know that you don't need a building to praise and worship the Lord. The sermons at the church have been seemingly scripted so to speak. I like to hear sermons that God lays on the pastors heart and not so much the "series" of this and that constantly. So instead of going to church we have been watching (as a family) Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings. If our church had Sunday evening services that would make a whole lot of difference too. Anyway this "friend" decided to preach at me about the importance of going to church. Now this person is very opinionated and outspoken. This person also has the tendency to be a little self absorbed. So I just let her say what she felt she needed to and then finished my conversation with my friend.

There are plenty of reasons people avoid Christ and going to church. From what I have seen and experienced, a lot has to do with the people who call themselves Christians. Now there are people like myself who are Christians but don't push it down everyone's throat. To me that is a bit too much. I lead by example. As my parents always said "Your walk walks and your talk talks but your walk talks louder than your talk talks". It's like feeding a baby. Have you ever noticed if you try to force feed a baby they reject the food? But if you watch and wait you can feed the baby when they signal they are ready. The same goes with us. Cramming God down someones throat will only backfire and they will reject it but if you lead by example and are patient, the time will be known to you when they are ready to eat. Okay that is my rant for today.

Today I would like to tell everyone that I am thankful for another beautiful day to be with my family.

1 comment:

God, My Savior Forever! said...

The best thing one can do for you in this situation is faithfully pray for you so "that" time comes around and you can once again be encouraged to step into a church and be refreshed by HIS word and moved by the Holy Spirit:D

P.S. I will be praying!

xoxoxo Susan@-}----