Saturday, September 24, 2005

The latest in the tank

Well last week was a buzz of fish frenzy in our house. Mr. Bubbles is gone and we had to replace him with new fish. Ping and Catgirl are still in there. (Monday)We started out by getting two Serpae tetras (Bella and Bullet) and two tiger barbs. One of the barbs got kinda mean and nasty so he was terminated. So we got a danio golden zebra tetra (Princess) to replace it.(Tuesday) Then the other barb decided he wanted to be nasty and was terminated. So we replaced it with a red-eyed tetra (Arrow). (By now you can tell which ones my boys named and which ones my and my daughter named.) Now Wednesday comes and the kids got out of school at noon. Guess what? At 11:00 Princess dies and I need to take her back to the pet store. They tell me they need a seperate sample of the water in order to either give me a new fish or my money back. So it is now 11:30 and I head back to the store with the water sample. It is high in nitrates so he tells me he will replace Princess but when I get home I need to do a 25% water change. So now I have 15 minutes to do the water change and get to the school to pick up kids. I successfully did this and my daughter is none the wiser. Princess is now fine. Yes it is still Princess because my daughter is clueless. So all is finally well in the tank.

No comments: