Sunday, April 23, 2006

The drain.

Well I cleaned up the mess that was left in my kitchen. I called the emergency maint. number and spoke to the guy on call. He said that there was nothing he could do until Monday. I understood and finished cleaning up. Yesterday morning I decided to do some laundry. Shouldn't cause any problems right? Wrong! I watched the drain start to come up as the washer emptied. So again I call the guy on call (I work with him here so he was a little more patient with me than I would expect him to be with somebody else.) and waited and waited and waited for a return call. Finally he came out yesterday afternoon and snaked the pipe. Come to find out that it was because of my garbage disposal. Somebody is putting stuff through without grinding it up and something slimey is going down it too. I don't put grease down it for fear of the stench so I don't know what the slimey stuff was. It is all fixed now. Mountain Mama was right about the conspiracy among our appliances. So with this in mind I am awaiting the next revolt.

No comments: