Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Death

My contribution to this weeks bible study.


In Gen. 3 we see that death is a result of the first sin. In Rom. 5:12-21 it shows that death came through one man (Adam) and life through another (Jesus). Because of Christ we have victory over death. It does not have a hold over us.

What I don't get is why mourn? You know ...why have a sad ceremony if the person is a believer? If the person was a believer shouldn't we be celebrating? I understand we mourn for the loss of the person but shouldn't we also be celebrating their eternal life with the Father? That we have victory over death? The death of a loved one is always sad and there are no words to make it easier. We should take comfort in the Great Comforter. Only He can comfort perfectly. So then what can we as humans do to comfort those mourning? Be supportive of them and pray for them. Let them know your prayers are with them (even if the person wasn't a believer).

Matt. 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 states there is a time for everything. Which seems to be that there is a specific time we'll die. We cannot do anything to hasten it. Did you ever see one of those people who try repeatedly to commit suicide and fail? Why did they fail? It wasn't their time yet. When one dies there has to be some lesson in it for those they leave behind. Even if it is just to live each day to the fullest because you don't know when your time will be.

What have I learned from my loved ones death? My bio dad's suicide...Life isn't easy but trust in the Lord and He will bring you through. Through his death came a chain of events that led me to my God-given parents. They in turn taught me most of what I know about being a christian today. A recent friends death....Live what you believe. He believed in God and country.




Please leave comments on your thoughts.

No comments: